Friday, April 10, 2009

A Litlle Work, A Little Play
















On Thursday of Spring Break we decorated eggs! The kids colored and dipped, tie-dyed, and ate several eggs that cracked in the boil. Luke wrote the whole alphabet on one before he dipped. A good time was had.

I remember my first Easter with Rick's family. I brought traditional hard boiled decorated eggs. Rick's Mom thought I was crazy, evidently in their family they hide candy and not boiled eggs. "What kid would want to eat eggs on Easter?" I will be going to the Dykstra Easter this year at Uncle Rich and Aunt Doris', " I will not be bringing these eggs, the Candy is bought and ready to go.

After we finished the eggs, I decided to get going on Abby's homework she missed the week before Spring Break. She was sick 3 of the 5 days and had a little catching up to do. Passion Week was celebrated and a book was written. She has one page left. She finished her April "Just Read It" work, worked on flash cards, and finished her Sioux Indian person. That was fun!
Today Luke is getting his hair cut, this might be followed by a trip to Hi Hoe!

1 comment:

Tami said...

So glad that Aunt Clarice set you straight on the egg thing! We are all about the chocolate...
Can't wait, see you tomorrow!