Tuesday, March 10, 2009

The Babies Are Six
















I guess it is about time I stop calling Emily and Luke "The Babies", It is a tough habit to break since I have been doing it now for 6 years. I might work on that.





We celebrated by inviting the entire class and then some to the Lynden Skateway. It was rollerskating madness. I find birthday parties to be both fun and stressful. Luckily I had Rick and some very helpful Mom's and Dad's there to help.










The gift receiving was overwhelming with a whole class of kindergarteners bringing 2 gifts each. Didn't even think of that, if I had I would have addressed it. In the end it turned out fine. A little of this and a little of that.





It turned out very fun and everyone seemed to learn a lot in the 3 hours we were there.










A funny tib bit at the very end. 15 minutes after the party ended one of our guests was still with us. After we called her house, the parents said, gasp "We forgot __________" I could never rat out who did that. But it made me realize that I am not the only parent that would find themselves in a position like this. Many great parents make mistakes.










So I guess we have 362 days until the babies celebrate their "golden birthday" Turning Seven on the 7th is next!





4 comments:

Tami said...

Happy Birthday Luke and Em! I can't believe you are six years old. Have a great year, it looks like you had a very fun day.
No more Babies, that's for sure.

theSNAPsisters said...

Happy Birthday Emily and Luke!

michele said...

Do you have any idea how COOL Merit and Willem thought it was to hang out with Luke and Emily on their birthday evening!!? When we left your mom and Stan's Tuesday morning, Merit was crying. He did NOT want to leave! He had a BLAST with your three, Lesha's three and Emma and Thea! Then we got home and Willem was teary eyed, saying he wanted to go back to Lynden!

one blessed mama said...

if it makes you feel any better, jack is 7 and i still call him 'baby jack'. :)