Saturday, February 28, 2009

Jade Jacklyn


I am lucky enough to have 3 daughters! Jade is the oldest! In May she will be 16 and driving. I first met Jade when she just turned 4. I was a "shoe in", probably because of my adorable dog, Logan. Jade is a dog lovin' gal, so that made things a bit easier. I'll never forget trying to wrestle her foot into her little shoes. She said, "My mom can put shoes on way better than you." Now her feet are bigger than mine. True story. I do shoes quite a bit better now that I have three monkies of my own.
Jade is so much like Rick in so many ways. Keeping her thoughts to herself has always kept me wondering what she is thinking, unlike her brother T-bone who wears his heart on his sleve like me. She is the best big sister anyone could ask for. She is patient and sweet with her little sisters (all 3) and Luke too.
Ab and Em are looking at her picture and saying, she's really pretty. A far cry from the summers when all she wanted to wear were big t-shirs and a hat on backwords. Isn't she beautiful. Inside and out!
Love y0u Jade.

4 comments:

Tami said...

Love Jade. She is so sweet and so pretty. Is she coming for a visit this summer?
Nice post today Mindy! Thanks for coming last night, it was fun.

Melinda said...

Nice post about Jade. The blog is looking good....I'll keep checking for the latest news. :)

michele said...

I miss Jade... seems like forever since I have seen her! I wish my boys could make the roller skating party. I really want to get over there, now soccer starts tomorrow -- always something. But a weekend in Lynden does sound good.

theSNAPsisters said...

Cute pic of Jade-Hana keeps me up on all the cool poses! Daughter's are great!