Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Motor Cross Champion











Last Thursday, Luke entered his first ever Motor Cross Race. I was not in attendance, not because I did not want to be, but because we wanted Luke to have time without his sisters who would have 1. made fun of him, and 2. wanted to try it too. They each admitted that they would have. Emily may want to try in a few years when she is more experienced, Abby has no interest, but did tell me, "oh, yeah, I would have made fun of him". NICE.
In the end, I am glad I was not there, he fell on the first tight corner.
This racing on a track thing is very different than on the ranch. Rick said he was very "underbiked" which I think means that his really cool bike is not that cool. The age range was from four to eight. Luke is 6. He took 5th out of 8 (I think). So we were pretty proud. And the way he walks around with his trophy: he can't wait for the next race. Unless Rick makes it home tomorrow, we may have to wait until next Thursday. I have to work tomorrow night.
I am afraid he is HOOKED!
Ride on Man!

2 comments:

Becky said...

Way to go, Luke! That's so cute. I love that last picture with the arm up. Something about a trophy makes you feel special!

theSNAPsisters said...

Danger! he's old enough to do that? where does the time go?